Hello Music Appreciators!
This week, you'll listen to three videos that show three singers singing in very different ways. This is extra credit - you can actually earn up to 100 points extra credit - an entire assignment!
Write four sentences about each style that you see (you should have a paragraph for each piece, with four sentences in each paragraph):
- One sentence that describes the timbre - 20 pts.
- One sentence that describes the style of the piece - 20 pts.
- One sentence that describes something unique about the singer or the song - 20 pts.
- One sentence that tells what you appreciate about the video - 20 pts.
- Good grammar and spelling, and you refer to each piece by the vocalists' names or the song titles - 20 pts.
Please comment by Monday, May 17 to receive extra credit.
Here are the URL's, if the videos to the right are not working correctly:
Kongar-ol Ondar (Tuvan Throat Singing): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVyyhHFKI8E
Franzl Lang - Einen Jodler hor i gern: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67rc96joOz8
Bobby McFerrin - Drive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=codmxk7uLv8