Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Instruments From Around the World
Hello Music Appreciators!
This week, you'll listen to three videos that show some different styles and instruments from around the world.
Write four sentences about each style that you see (you should have a paragraph for each piece, with four sentences in each paragraph):
- One sentence that describes the texture (monophonic, homophonic, polyphonic) - 20 pts.
- One sentence that describes the instrument (timbre, type) - 20 pts.
- One sentence that describes the mood of the piece - 20 pts.
- One sentence that describes the composition (improvised or composed - how can you tell?) - 20 pts.
- Good grammar and spelling, and you refer to each piece by the instrument names - 20 pts.
Make sure to have accurate information!
Please turn in by Monday, December 3 for full credit.
Here are the URL's, if the videos to the right are not working correctly:
Japanese Koto: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tczxw8bVMZM
Swedish Nyckelharpa: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpuh9JAWynk
Northern Indian Sitar, Tabla and Tanpura: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gWCiLexilY