Thursday, November 15, 2012
Vocal Styles from Around the World
Hello Music Appreciators!
This week, you'll listen to the three videos to the right that show three singers singing in very different ways.
Write four sentences about each style (you should have a paragraph for each piece, with four sentences in each paragraph):
- One sentence that describes the timbre of the singer - 20 pts.
- One sentence that describes the style of the piece - 20 pts.
- One sentence that describes something unique about the singer or the song - 20 pts.
- One sentence that tells what you appreciate about the music - 20 pts.
- Good grammar and spelling, and you refer to each piece by the vocalists' names or the song titles - 20 pts.
Please comment by Monday, November 26 to receive full credit.
Here are the URL's, if the videos to the right are not working correctly:
Kongar-ol Ondar (Tuvan Throat Singing): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVyyhHFKI8E
Franzl Lang - Einen Jodler hor i gern: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67rc96joOz8
Bobby McFerrin - Drive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=codmxk7uLv8